Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Disenchantment


First a nice graph. Can you tell when things started looking up for me at Full Tilt?

Nevertheless, again after being away from poker for a week or so, I notice that the game bores me. I still have the plan to play some $100 tourney, but I think I will retire from online poker when I move (in a month or so).

I did play some live poker last week, for the first time ever. It was quite interesting. We played some $5 SNG's. I did not manage to win any money, but it was not so easy because we were playing winner takes all with 6 players. The first game I lost heads up when I called an all-in on the first heads-up hand with A2 against what turned out to be 66. My opponent had been bluffing throughout, but even bluffers get good hands sometimes! But it was a bad call.

In the second game I lost with 77 against AK held by the same bluffer as before. Well, what can you do.

But it was quite an experience to play live poker, it really is a whole new world. I realized later that I was looking at the cards on the table when I had nothing and was waiting to check/fold, and was looking at my opponents when I had a set. This would be something to work on before the next game :-) Of course you need to pretend to care about every hand as long as you still have cards! I did not look enough at my opponents anyway. So I also do not know whether they exhibited the same behavior.

1 comment:

The 80th Minute said...

Uh, after game 60? Lol.

Never played live poker so don't know if I'm giving away a lots of free tells.