Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Times twelve

Just a quick note before I turn in: in the last month, I managed to turn a $50 deposit at Full Tilt into $600. The last $100 or so was earned mostly by playing $11 turbo SNGs. I never used to be very good at these, but the structure at FTP is much more suitable for playing turbo games. The games still last fairly long: it typically takes 35-40 minutes to win one.

I am planning to play in some really big tournament, like a buyin of $100 or so. Just to see what it's like...

3 comments:

The 80th Minute said...

A very nice profit result!
Pick the MTT wisely. I would go for a MTT with a bigger number of paid places (percentage wise I mean).

The 80th Minute said...

Just came up with another thought, why not spending it on 2 50$ MTT or 4 25$ MTT. Don't think that there will be much difference in level. But I will give you a better insight in the level!

Rob1606 said...

Thanks for your comments :-) However, the goal is not to make money here (though it would secretly be nice of course :-)). The main goal is to be able to say that I have played a tournament with a $100 buyin.

Also, note that I have already played an MTT for a $30 buyin (it was a limit tourney). I really want to have a look at a significantly higher level.