Thursday, April 19, 2007

Eighth place after 47 minutes

Wow, I just had the most difficult sit-n-go ever at Pacific. Usually the opposition is not like this. It took 24 games for the first player to be eliminated... I did not catch any hands, eventually minraised with A9 UTG (stack was down to 800, BB = 150). Two callers, among them the BB. Flop misses me but BB checks. I go allin (what choice do I have?) and get called and lose.

Writing this, I suppose an allin preflop might have been the better move. It was probably already far too late for "small" raises. The guy who beat me held K5. Yes, allin preflop was definitely better. Well, hopefully writing this down here will help me in the future.

I know that I should have made a move earlier somewhere, but I am not sure where this should have been! In fact, to be precise, I did make one move, where I raised with AK. The shortstack goes allin, I call, he flips over... AK.

1 comment:

Rob1606 said...

Your M was four, you idiot! Of course you should have gone allin. You were just trying to be cute, weren't you?