Wednesday, October 3, 2007

When September ends

I realized that I did not yet write a post about my results in September. No doubt you are all eagerly awaiting these (all three of you).

Well, as avid readers of my blog know, September was not too kind to me. In fact it turns out that it was my worst month since March (which is my last losing month)! I just barely managed to make a profit, $24.75, and this was due to a late recovery at Party.

If I had stopped playing poker on September 9th (perish the thought), my profit for the month would have been $236...

But, looking at the bright side, in October I have already made more than in September: $116. Indeed, in my last three $20 games I finished 1st, 3rd and 1st! I do seem to get large slices of fortune though, from those games I remember beating KK with 99, K8 with Q9, and then there were the events I described in my last post. I also get another sort of luck, in that people push mediocre hands at me while I have good hands. In my last game, I raised with TT OTB and the BB apparently thought I was bluffing and went all-in with J8. Another time I raised with AA, also bet postflop on a flop of 885, and one opponent thought that his A5 should be good and pushed. Then much later, in the three-player phase, that same player started to push almost every other hand. I simply waited for good hands and eventually got AJo two times in quick succession, both times he pushed, I called and I won. Calling with AJo is a bit loose, but remember that I was already in the money, and I had to make a stand at some point!

So anyway, after all the bad luck from last month, it seems that my good luck has finally caught up with me. Let's hope that it continues for a while.

No comments: