Thursday, October 4, 2007

When will I learn to ACKNOWLEDGE RERAISES!!

This is a lesson I have tried to teach myself several times in the past, and yet I fell for it again just now. I raised after a couple of limpers and one of them reraised.

Now what do you suppose this means?

Do you think that perhaps it means a pair of eights or lower?

I guess not. This is why I should have folded - I held 99. I just thought he might have AK. After all, you see people reraising with that junk too. But really, to gamble my entire stack on this early in an SNG... (As an afterthought, so what if he may have AK? Do you really want to do a coinflip for your entire stack at this stage? I think not.)

What makes it even worse is that it was a Steps game. I had decided to buy into Step 3 directly and actually earned a Step 4 ticket. And this is how I threw it away. If I had placed 7th or better, I would at least earned SOME new ticket...

No comments: