Thursday, August 9, 2007

Idiots everywhere

Sometimes I feel like I am still playing on the $2.50 level instead of on the $20 level. The kind of idiocy you see sometimes is breathtaking. Just now I saw somebody calling an all-in, postflop, with 77, after his opponent had already checkraised preflop. (The flop was 962 or something.) Of course his opponent had KK and won. However, the loser had a lot of chips before this game, and this only put him down to 1300 or so.

On the very next game, I was SB and hit top pair tens on the flop (I had AT). I raised to 3BB and the idiot from just now went all-in. His name contained the word tilt, and it seemed safe to assume that he was indeed tilting at this moment. At best I put him on a flush draw, making me 70% favorite, so I called. Of course he did indeed have the flush draw, and got rewarded for his idiot move by a heart on the turn and for good measure another heart on the river...

This actually did not cost me all my chips, so I had the joy of trying to play on with 160 chips (level 15/30). I went all-in with my first Ace, which happened to be A5, and got called by A4. Unfortunately there were too many high cards on the flop, so we shared the pot. Then on the next game, the idiot from above was already in the hand but I decided to go all-in anyway on Q9, knowing he would call. He did, with A4, and I got a queen on the flop but of course there was an Ace on the turn.

What can you do...

No comments: