Thursday, November 8, 2007

A $100 night

Well, this time I had a bit of fun :-) I earned a net amount of $100 in a little more than one hour of play. But the fun was also due to the chatting during the games, which did happen a bit this time.

Also it gave me great pleasure to take all the chips from a complete and total moron, especially given the fact that he had 10 times as much chips as I did at one point. I got some incredible cards! Sometimes you just have those games where very early on you know who you are going to be playing heads-up against (at least if you do not get eliminated first), and this was one of them. He just kept on bluffing and most of the time, did not get called.

We started the heads-up phase with me slightly ahead, because I eliminated the third player with AQ vs AQ... I made my flush. Then, my opponent just started going all-in on every. single. hand. A bit annoying when people do that, but on the plus side, in this case I can just play by the book and let the cards fall where they may. Unfortunately, on the very first hand with 2 players, he caught 22 and I had KJs. I was basically expecting that he was bluffing so I called and lost. This is how he got to have 10 times as many chips as I did.

On the very next game, he had another pair, this time 33! I went all-in with my T8 (forced due to extremely low stack) and was rewarded with a flop 882.
Then the following amazing hand happened. Compare in particular the flop to my opponent's hand.

$250/$500 No Limit Holdem
2 players
Converted at weaktight.com
Stacks:
Hero ($2744.00)
BB ($12256.00)

Pre-flop: ($750, 2 players) Hero is BTN

Hero goes all-in, BB calls $2244

Flop: ($5488, 2 players)

Turn: ($5488, 2 players)

River: ($5488, 2 players)

Final Pot: $5488
BB shows:
Hero shows:

Hero wins $5488 ( won +$5238 )
BB lost -$2744.00


After this it was mostly a question of folding, either before he went all-in or afterwards. There was just one hand that he folded preflop - I wonder what he had! Eventually I got A2, which was good enough to push with given my still small stack. He called with 74s... Now our stacks were close to equal, but he still had a small lead. After a few more hands that I folded preflop, there was yet another amazing hand. Of course he again had no business calling with his hand, but it was more than obvious that he did not have the faintest clue what to do and was, indeed, just pushing basically every hand, even after I showed aggression.

$300/$600 No Limit Holdem
2 players
Converted at weaktight.com
Stacks:
BTN ($8524.00)
Hero ($6476.00)

Pre-flop: ($900, 2 players) Hero is BB


Victim goes all-in, Hero calls
Flop: ($15000, 2 players)

Turn: ($15000, 2 players)

River: ($15000, 2 players)

Final Pot: $15000
BTN shows:
Hero shows:

BTN wins $2048 ( won +$1748 )
Hero wins $12952 ( won +$12352 )


Two hands after this he beat me with T7 against J7 (flop Txx, turn J...) but three hands after that I pushed with Q8s. That was really dubious. Why did I do that? The blinds were 400/800 by now, stacks were 9k vs 6k. This was just stupid. Anyway, I made top pair on the flop and a flush on the turn (though I did not notice that until just now...) and my opponent got nowhere with his 98o.

All in all, a good night. It did not start of all that well! In the first game I played, I was seated next to some guy who seemed to be pushing with any two cards, so when I got 88 I just went all-in over the top. Unfortunately, there was a guy who had limped with Aces... Normally, a very stupid move, but given that my neighbour was indeed pushing a LOT, he could have expected this to happen also in this game. I had not paid enough attention to the aces player earlier to tell you whether he was just an idiot or cleverly making use of his knowledge about his opponents - which I was trying to do.

BTW, I just had a look at that hand again, the idiot to my left in fact had A9 and the turn was a 9. So even without running into the aces, that would have been basically the end of this game for me. Oh well.

No comments: