Saturday, November 17, 2007

Now I know what it means to be on tilt

It is simply not to be believed how bad I am running at the moment. I just lost FOUR more tournaments.
  1. flopped trips, opponent flopped the same trips with a better kicker
  2. made a set on the turn, bet out, opponent stuck around with 64s to make his backdoor flush
  3. SB raises to 4BB in an obvious steal attempt, I go all-in with A8, he has AT
  4. I go all-in with 22 on a harmless looking flop, opponent calls with 99 (this is the tilting part)
I just cannot believe it. SIXTEEN tournament losses in a row, apart from a single third place in between.

In the last nine days, I have lost $200, bringing my net lifetime winnings back down to $1863. Still a nice amount, but my online bankroll is now down to $124, since I cashed out a lot of that. I still do not intend to make any new deposits ever, so I am forced to drop down to $5 games and hope to work my way back up. In fact the last game above was already a $5 game, fortunately.

I had heard a lot about variance, but experiencing it is something quite different from reading about it.

No comments: