Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A first

For the first time ever, I won three successive SNG's (I just won the third of the sequence). This has doubled my bankroll at FTP--it had dropped to $40 before this sequence (I deposited $50). Very nice...

I did once win four SNGs at Titan in a row. In fact those were SNGs of the type where if you win five in a row, you earn $5000 or something. Unfortunately, in the fifth I went out in third place. I never got anywhere close to this result again and in fact, as longtime readers of this blog may remember, I have an overall lifetime loss at Titan, amazing as this may sound to some of you.

What makes that sequence different from the current one however, is that I played other games in between. So I did not strictly speaking win four games in a row. If you only count sequential games, the best result I achieved before today was two of those Titan games plus a third game at Titan, which was a heads up game for $2. This happened all the way back in December 2006!

It is nice to achieve something like this, especially after a kind of dark period that I have gone through. Let's hope the fourth game goes just as well :-)

Another note about firsts: recently I got AA twice in a row in an SNG! This is also something that had never happened to me before. I guess if you play SNGs long enough, you encounter things like this. I was just getting annoyed because I finally got AA, I raised to 3xBB or something, and everyone folded... until I saw that the new cards were again AA. THAT time I got paid, though it was unfortunately not enough to finish in the money, eventually.

1 comment:

The 80th Minute said...

Congrats.
Currently have a back 2 back victory at the 5$ SNGs at Titan. Let's see tomorrow if I can join you!