Saturday, January 26, 2008

My recent games

I guess that any post of mine could be titled like this...
  1. I managed to win five heads-ups in a row, four at Full Tilt and one at Pacific
  2. I cashed in two simultaneous $5 games: a 1st and a 2nd place (where my opponent got quite lucky at the end: he raised, I reraised, he put me all-in. I gladly called with TT, and he had only K3(...) but of course he immediately flopped a K. Still, it was a nice result: a net profit of $25 in a little over an hour's play.
  3. For the first time ever, I cashed in a $10 game at Full Tilt: a third place, hurray... I played two simultaneous games here as well, but I guess I got too impatient in the other one when I raised and then pushed A9 after a reraise by what turned out to be 99. So in these two games, I paid $22 to play and earned $18, but fortunately the second $5 installment of my bonus was released at the same time, so I did make a profit here...
I noticed during these last $10 games that I actually felt more relaxed at this level. I have the feeling that people fold more often when I push, which is always something to look for in opponents. So my next games will also be at this level, even though I do not really have the bankroll to sustain this: I have $85 at the moment. If I drop to $60, I will go back to the $5 games again...

Oh yeah, I also saw the most amazing hand happen today, fortunately I was not involved in it: KK was all-in preflop against AA. The flop was AQT, giving the AA player a set of course but also giving the KK player a gutshot draw.

The turn was a K.

The river was a K.

I have never seen anything like this before...

No comments: