Sunday, June 3, 2007

Enough

OK that's it, I've had enough of the steps for the time being. In my last Step 2 game I went out in 9th place with two pair against a straight. I probably should not have been playing the hand at all, I had only QJ.

I'd seriously consider buying in to Step 3 directly, but at $30 it is a lot more expensive than what I usually play at, and it would probably be hard for me to play in the same way as I do when there is only $3 on the line. So for the moment I will try to continue building my bankroll with $6 SNGs, and maybe $11 SNGs. On that note, let's have a look at the $11 SNG I played a few days ago.

On hand 8, UTG+1, I get KK. Raise to 3xBB = 120. Two callers, then BB raises to 600! Good enough for me, I go all-in. The SB calls... and then the BB calls as well... but they have JJ and A8s. No ace on the table, so this puts me up to 6000!

More steals fail than succeed, bringing me down to 4800. Then I run into a set with AA: down to 1200...

Although I steal some pots after this, I never recover from this. On the last hand, call all-in with AQ, lose to 22. Out in 7th place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i hope it gets better i know all to well how bad it sucks when the cards are falling. thanks for being an avid reader of my blog. I dont get online much on the weekends or i would have commented before now