Saturday, June 30, 2007

Back

Just a short post to announce I'm back :-) Just won my first SNG! Lost the second one however, I never really got going. It was a strange game, one player was sitting on nearly 8000 chips with 5 players left. Then I lost with A5 vs K7 or something, and that was basically it. I will have a look to see where I could have done better earlier in the game. I certainly got a lot of lousy cards this time!

Still on level 1 I got AQ, but there was a raise to 200 and a call in front of me. I folded and the flop came Jxx, so I was happy not to be involved in this hand.
One player bluffed a lot, I did not really pick up on this on time. For instance, on level 2 there was one hand where he minraised utg and I had A9. Looking back on it, this is a clear all-in for me. It was the FIFTH successive preflop raise by this guy! But I only see this now during the replay - because I was getting such lousy cards, I was barely paying attention. This would turn out to be a costly mistake.
Five games later he raised while I was bb, but I only held 84 so I folded. The next time he raised I held Q8, again I folded.
Once as SB I actually went all-in on 53o, my stack was down to 790. The BB with 740 behind folded, fortunately. (Although, who knows, I might have won the race, am only 5:3 behind against two overcards!)
All in all, practically every hand I played fell into one of two categories: somebody raised before me (or just called when I might have considered a steal attempt), or I got cards like 74o.
Still, I should have made a move, for instance when I had K7 as BB and there were only two callers before me. Instead, I waited until the next hand where I got an Ace (A5), got called by K6 and lost to a 6 on the river. What can you do!
On the final hand (I had a few chips left) I lost to a turned straight when the BB called my pathetic all-in for 340 with 93 (blinds 100/200).

No comments: