Saturday, June 9, 2007

Weekends?

After less than stellar results today, I went back to check an old suspicion of mine in PokerOffice. It turns out I was right: my results on weekends are far worse than during the week. (Of course, the big exception was my $100 win in April!) Does anyone else have this experience? It seems like the opponents are noticeably stronger on Saturday and Sunday. It must be (partly) a different group of people that plays on weekends, possibly more people that take it more seriously?

I guess in the future I will move down a level on the weekends...

PS (Monday): After having had a short look at one of these tournaments, I am now wondering if perhaps the opposite is true, that the level is actually lower on weekends. As I wrote in the post below, playing against idiots is hard, and I certainly had a hard time this weekend... So maybe, next weekend I should actually move UP and try a $20 SNG. Thoughts?

PPS And Sharkscope seems to confirm my suspicions. I just tested five opponents of one SNG (all that I am allowed to do). While one was reasonable, two of them had a little fish swimming next to them (probably not a sign that they are very good ;-) ) and one other had as Form "Tilt" and had lost $600 in 310 games.

No comments: