Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The dangers of two pair

KQo. I just call after one caller before me. Many callers, flop KQJ. I say to myself: "I might already be beaten by AT." But I have to find out where I stand so I bet 2/3 of the pot. Two callers, then the small blind goes all-in. It is hard for me to put into words what I was thinking here, but I called inside of two seconds. Sometimes I just cannot accept that I am beaten no matter how loud somebody screams it at me. Then, adding insult to injury, the player to my left calls as well!

And what did they have? The first player had T9 (SB) and the other one JJ... So I was actually beaten by two players when the flop came out. Raising preflop? Never heard of it.

I am managing to remain stable, more or less. Since my big score at the Steps two weeks ago I lost about $20 in total (of course there were some big swings in between). I hope I can at some point find my way back to playing reasonable, solid poker.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean it is hard to lay down a hand like that. Although those hands that had you beat were easily with in those guys ranges. I thik once the player pushed you needed to run away like a little girl. IMHO...

Rob1606 said...

Yeah, I know. The reason that I posted about this is mostly to serve as a reminder for myself. Hopefully this public humiliation will help me to fold the next time this happens :-)