Saturday, March 15, 2008

One card away from another MTT win

I was THIS close to taking down a $69+6 game at Full Tilt with 45 players... But the river killed me and I lost on the next hand. Still, a nice payout. First place would have brought me about $350 more.


FTP $69, FINAL TABLE

Stack nearly 8K, blinds 250/500, M=10.5. Am in third position of 9 players remaining...

55 as BB. Not going to go crazy here... SB first in raises to 1555. I push, he folds. Yeah. 9k now.

Limp as SB, fold to push. Still 9k.

I am now in SECOND position!!!! Very nice... Should be able to fold into the money here, but want to see how high I can get. First prize is over 1k. Eight players left now.

KK in 3rd pos. raise to 1800 = 3BB, all fold. 10k!! This is really amazing... Average stack is 8k, number 1 has 19k. Smallest stack has 2k.

The player to my immediate right came back from 147 chips, I nearly eliminated him earlier. Quite amazing, he now has 7k!

AT as SB. Raise to 2400, BB calls!(!) Low flop, I push, he folds. 11641 chips now...

ATs in hijack! Exact same hand as before, hearts. I raise to 3BB, all fold. 12541 chips... Still 8 players left.

AKo in 2nd position... Raise to 3BB... all fold. 13441 chips. People seem to be very afraid of me. GOOD.

AQs as SB! First in, raise to put BB all-in, he folds. 14641 chips. He now is the shortest stack with 1620 chips.

I sure am getting some monster cards here... must make the most of this.

Showdown, short stack wins. Blinds now 400/800, so my M is 12. Still easily in 2nd position, 3rd position has only 7k!

Shorty just doubled up. Four people with stack between 4k and 5500 now.

66 as BB... ANOTHER free round! Amazing. Is Diddy afraid of me? He is a shark!

The top stack is not doing anything, just remaining constant at 20k.

Showdown, 7 players left now: THE BUBBLE.

Try a steal with J9o OTB, success. 15841 chips now. Am closing in on the chip leader!

Four people between 6400 and 5500 now (5500 is lowest stack).

Blinds up to 500/1000, finally we are getting somewhere. Another showdown, shorty wins by making runner-runner two pair against QQ... Loser is left with 1455 chips.

My M is 10. QJo as SB. Button raises, I fold.

ATo as button! Fold after UTG limps.

Shorty pushes, he was going to be blinded out in 3 hands. SB calls. BB as well, good. SB pushes on flop! But loses!! Shorty makes a flush on the river... and immediately pushes the next hand UTG. No callers.

Lose against shorty in triple showdown. Put BB all-in as SB, he folds. 14k.

Blinds now 1200/600, my M is 7 or so. Still in 2nd position, but only barely now!

AM in FIRST position in the very brief period between a showdown and my paying the big blind :-)

IN THE MONEY!!!

Raise OTB with A3o. Blinds fold. 15547 chips. Back in first place. Very nice. Raise again with A8o in 2nd pos, all fold. 17k!!!!

Wow, triple showdown: AK- AT- 99. AK wins, he had the shortest stack, no eliminations.

Five players left. Payout $186 assured.

Blinds now 800/1600, steal OTB and in hijack: 19k! M=7 or so. First position again!

For a little while. No, again.

Wow. I manage to river a straight as BB. 21k.

Raise OTB with A6o. BB calls with AJo, I flop 665....... Now I have 29k!!!!!

Four players left, I am clearly in first position. Payout $300 assured.

Blinds now 2k/1k, M=10...

Staying about constant at 29k. Oops, steal fails: 16k.

Showdown! Short stack loses, payout $500!!

ANOTHER SHOWDOWN!!! HEADS UP!!!!

Equal stacks after a while.

Lose a big pot: 20k vs 40k.

JJ as SB, limp-push. He has A8 and I win. Now stacks are reversed!

Lose all-in AT vs KJ, river is J...
Payout $776.25. Not bad for two hour's work.

No comments: