Sunday, September 23, 2007

Being Annoyed

It is not a good frame of mind to be playing poker. But I tell you, it is hard to avoid it. I'm playing badly and I know it, and on top of that I just cannot catch any breaks.

Several times today I got hands like AA, KK, QQ, AK, dutifully raised preflop and got zero callers. JUST ONE TIME I decide to limp with QQ UTG, an idiot with T7 (but they were sooooooted!) limps behind me and the flop comes J77. Obviously.

Through some kind of miracle, I actually managed to win a $5 game at Party, so that today was not a complete loss. But there was a lot to be annoyed about today. I managed to go out in 5th place in a Step 1 game twice (top four places pay) and once I even went out in 9th place, when a complete idiot with 52 called my flop raise on a flop of xx2, and got rewarded by another 2 on the turn. Finally I also managed to finish 7th in two more $5 games.

Once upon a time I won $700 at Party. I do not know how I did that.

No comments: