Saturday, September 15, 2007

Eight

I have now had EIGHT successive losses... It has been quite some time (fortunately) since I had such a bad sequence. I think I am not playing well. I was amazed to run Sharkscope on my latest $10 game and find out that I was the only player with a positive ROI at that table. Nevertheless, I managed to finish 8th, chasing a straight for most of my chips. Why did he have to give me such good odds...

Sharkscope has enabled me to see that the level really is different, there are way more fish at the $10 level. It seems I really need to drop to this level for a while, at least until I recover somewhat.

You know what, I'll play a challenge. Let's say 50 $10 games. I am going to multi-table them, planning to play two tables each time, to prevent things from getting too boring. Also, this way I am still playing for $20 per time, but hopefully with more success...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rob,

Do you think you could benefit from checking the other players with sharkscope before playing a table?

Anyway hope you win a few games now!

Nard

Rob1606 said...

Funny, you commented at the same time as I wrote a new post. Well, to be honest, I think it is not so much to do with the quality of the opposition as with my bad play and some bad luck as well... However, as I wrote, it does seem clear that there is a lot of difference in strength between $10 and $20 tables, even if you don't always notice it when playing. I guess big blunders are more obvious than skillful play.