Saturday, September 29, 2007

A first

For the first time ever, I have won a $22 SNG at Party! It is of course a bit crazy to play in such a game with a bankroll of $62, but I really did not have the feeling that the players there were better (from my previous attempt). Of course, had I lost, I would have switched back to $11 or even $6 games.

I got a boost at the start when a player with QQ reraised me and then called my all-in reraise: I held KK... Then another time, when I raised on the button and the BB thought that I must be bluffing. He moved in all his chips, but I had AK! Since I had about twice his stack, I did not have to think too long about calling (I suppose you have to call regardless of your stack size here).

Maybe one of these days I will pick up the courage to play in a Step 3 SNG directly, without trying to qualify. It is quite amazing, but I only ever played one Step 3 game, and the same holds for Step 4-6. I finished in the top three in every single one of them... Afterwards, I never again managed to qualify from Step 2.

But first I will try a few more $22 games I guess. It is nice to be back to winning at Party too. My winnings at Party are now again larger than they are at Pacific.

No comments: