Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Good times

I am staying in a hotel which offers wireless internet, but at a price: one hour costs 4 euros, three hours costs 9 euros... However, on Monday there was some sort of problem with this network, and since it was fixed the network is open!
I assume that the system administrator made some kind of mistake, but I am not going to inform the hotel about it... even though my hourly profit from playing poker is now high enough that I could afford to pay this rate.

Anyway, so I found out that the network was open tonight and I opened a $10 game while waiting for a $20 game to fill up. Soon I was playing them both and here is the reason for the title of this post: I won both of them :-) So I earned $117 in less than one hour (after subtracting the buyins), not bad!

I had a bit of luck when I needed it, and got some good cards, but I think one thing that really helped was that I did not bet too much with my good hands this time. I have a tendency to overbet my winning hands, scaring everybody off and not making as much profit as I could.

Also nice things happened like a player going all-in on a flop after hitting top pair, at the same time as I hit two pair.

No comments: