Sunday, September 16, 2007

FINALLY managed to cash again

Third place in a $10 SNG, wow... I almost would have gone out on the bubble again, but I just had a few chips left and managed to outlive the other micro-stack at the table. I went all-in with KQs and got called by AK... I suppose that with such a small stack present, I should have not done anything....

It is small comfort that his call was even worse than my raise. He could not expect to be better than 5:3 ahead (two high cards vs two low cards) so he was not getting the right odds to call. Indeed, the blinds were already 250/500 at this point and the short stack had 840 and would have most likely gone out in at most two more hands. This is not the time at which you want to risk your entire stack, I would think... (Fortunately, although the short stack actually survived 5 more hands, I survived 8.)

Horrible play on both sides!

No comments: