Sunday, July 29, 2007

$1000

This is the sum of my winnings in Pacific $10 SNGs. Unfortunately, it took me 61 games to get there :-) meaning that my net profit is $329 (yes - less than yesterday...). Still, it is a nice, round number, and I thought it deserved its own blog post.

At this point I should be going over the three SNGs that I did not cash in, to learn from it. Oh all right, but just briefly then.
  1. I called an all-in early on with AK. This is basically a fair bet (there is some chance, but not much at this stage of the game, that the opponent does not have a pair but instead AK or - if you are very lucky - even less). He won with 99.
  2. On the bubble, I went all-in, got called and lost. Can't really complain about this. The game had already gone on for quite some time, so the blinds were so high that it was just a matter of luck who got the best cards at the crucial times. (Level 200/400, my stack 1700.)
  3. Forgot what happened here, and PokerOffice did not store the last hand. In the last stored hand, I eventually went all-in on KQ postflop, only to be called by KQ!
This morning I played one game and had lots of luck. Early on I got TT, raised and got called. Flop 987, opp bets 200 (just a little under the pot). I raise to 500 and he calls... The turn is a K but now I am pot committed and I raise him all-in. He flips over 77 and I have just barely enough time to realize I am lost before the river Ten appears. As I said before, it feels good to suck out...
My stack at the bubble is still quite small, but fortunately the bubble only lasts one game! Then during the phase with 3 players, I get JJ, QQ and AA in three successive rounds when I am the big blind, enabling me to take quite a few chips from him (he started with 9000 chips...). Then I also eliminate the short stack and am in quite good shape until my opponent flops a straight when I flop top pair, and that was all she wrote. But I can't complain about this game, for sure.

No comments: