Wednesday, July 4, 2007

50%

Not much news to report... The games seem to be playing themselves more and more. The nice thing about studying a bit of poker theory and reading some Harrington is that you have far less to think about during a game. There are so many standard situations. Two players call and I am SB? Call with any two cards (I nearly have the right odds, plus some implied odds when I hit). Flop is folded around to me? Bet with anything unless there are too many opponents or the board looks like somebody might be slowplaying. Short stack goes all-in in front of me and I have a nice pair/AK/AQ? Go all-in over the top to prevent people from calling behind me.

I suppose writing all this in a public place could theoretically be a disadvantage if people start to take advantage of the way I play. But since I am not doing anything special and basically just using some tricks I learned from a book, I do not think there is much danger of that. The things I write above are not new and anyone could find out about them by reading a bit.

It just seems that many people don't bother before they sit down to play. Well, I cannot complain about that...

No comments: