Sunday, July 8, 2007

Titan double stack tournaments

I can recommend them to everyone!

Starting with a stack of 3000 and blinds at 10/20, the blinds increase (only) every 10 minutes making for a lot of play possibilities. I have now played three of them and finished 2nd twice. One of those was against a complete idiot who I did not manage to shake off in 22 heads-up games and who eventually turned a straight at the same moment that I turned two pair. The other one was against quite a good player who has an ROI of 11% at Titan. Though I managed to get 2:1 up against him at one point, he recovered on the next game with AJ vs my A7 and eventually beat my KJ with A7 (I think it was).

In the game that I lost, I got it all-in preflop with JJ vs 66 and a 6 appeared on the turn, so I cannot complain about that. Well, I can, but at least I played well in that game, I think. Anyway, this means that my ROI at these games is about 80% for the moment :-)

In the two regular $11 games, I did not finish in the money. (In one of them, I lost with top pair strong kicker when my opponent caught two pair on the river.) I also played some $5 games and actually managed to win one jackpot game, but did not finish in the money on the next one. (I think it was in one of these games that I again lost with a pair against a smaller pair - the second time in one day!) Overall I have now made a profit of $25 at Titan since putting in my latest deposit. I will be quite happy when I manage to erase the rest of the $80 loss that I made there (even though it is not as significant as it used to be).

I don't think I will be playing much at Pacific anymore from now on. Perhaps if I can't find opponents at Titan (it took some time this morning). I cashed out about half of my bankroll at the sites that I play, and am going to focus on playing these double stack games at Titan for the moment. They are not offered below the $10 level, I guess people at those levels are more likely to prefer the super turbo games rather than the slow double stack games...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate you lol... Just kidding I cant wait until I am able to get money somewhere other then stars...