Saturday, July 28, 2007

12:9:5

See this post for the meaning of the title :-) That's right, things continue to go great at Pacific. In my last four games, I finished first twice and was runner-up twice! Again, I am seriously considering moving up to $20 games. I will wait until the end of the month though, first I hope to get some more wins and end the month with a nice profit.

My ROI at Pacific $10 SNGs is now 55%, this is quite amazing. In the last game that I played, the other players clearly did not have a clue as to what they were doing. The blinds kept going up but they were still making flat calls preflop, and to make it even better they folded to (nearly) all my all-ins. I only needed a bit of luck near the end, when one opponent started calling my all-ins (we were already in the money), once he beat me and then I sucked out on him holding A7 vs AQ.

The funny thing is, my "saw flop %" actually went down towards the end, because I was winning all my hands preflop without opposition :-) It was 14% at one stage!

The difference between the various pokersites is quite marked. Of course the structure is also different everywhere, slightly different level lengths etc. At Party, I have not yet managed to make a profit on $10 SNGs. My overall results are as follows:
  1. Pacific, 57 games, net profit $343
  2. Party, 9 games, -$29
  3. Titan, 25 games, -$55 (at least it took me some time to get rid of all my money... My ITM% (in the money) was actually a reasonable 32% there, I just finished 3rd too often: the ratio there was 1:3:4...)
So overall I have now played 91 games for $10 (actually $11) and made a net profit of $259 with that. That gives an overall ROI of 26%, not bad if I do say so myself :-)

This is obvious, but it certainly is a lot more fun to write new blog posts when you're winning... Of course it is when you're losing that you should actually be writing about your play, or at least analyzing it. Indeed, when I originally started this blog it was mostly to write down my mistakes (as you can see from some early posts, I think) and hope to learn from them and the public embarrassment ;-) Doesn't really seem to work out like that so far, but I am not complaining!

No comments: