Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Yet another second place

After a heads-up phase of 30 games, where I started about 2:1 behind, I got JJ at the same time as my opponent got AA........

Still, I need to remember that I only got this far because when there were three players left, my AT beat the short stack's KK.

Earlier tonight my A9 was beaten by KT (I was about 56% favorite) and my AK ran into AA.

Before that I ran JJ into QQ: I raised to 160 = 4BB and the BB reraised me to 520 (stack 1300). I went all-in over the top. It is again my old problem of not taking reraises seriously.

My overall net profit at the $10 games at Titan is now a beautiful $0... Three second places and one third place make for exactly $110 in 10 games. Overall at Titan I am still $9 up since my deposit. It is really not going at all the way that I planned! Also, the players that reach the payout unfortunately appear to know what they are doing more often than not. I need to check some of them out in Sharkscope.

...Yep, both opponents that were left at the end of my most recent game had an ROI of a staggering 100%!! This was only over about 10 games or so for both of them, but still... I guess this structure attracts the good players. Maybe I should play the regular structure after all? More luck will be involved, but also more bad players...

No comments: