Saturday, July 7, 2007

Played my first game at Titan

Since March, anyway... I decided to start off easy and play in a $5.50 SNG. I had forgotten that playing in the jackpot games costs more fee ($1). I finished second! The quality of the opposition was indeed very poor. I can honestly say that my opponent got lucky at the end. Next time I will try a $11 SNG.

The speed of play is very relaxed, you have 10 minutes per level. I never really liked the speed at Pacific. They have an oddball system where you play 10 games at each blinds level. This means that as players leave, the level increases at an ever higher rate! I got used to it I guess, but it is nice to play at a more relaxed speed again. I hope my results will also benefit.

Today I lost three $11 SNGs at Pacific. The last time I was simply unfocused (did not realize I still had 2 opponents instead of 1 on the river...), before that I went all-in with 99 (M=8) and got called by TT. I have been thinking about that move ever since. I was in early position, so there was of course always a risk that somebody would wake up with a better hand after me. I guess I will go and read the discussions that Mark linked about playing middle pairs in the middle stages of SNGs. It is always difficult.

I also tried a $11 MTT at Party with no luck. Although I got a lot of pocket pairs (I think 6 in the first half hour), and made a nice profit off of some of them, I did not manage to survive the first hour. I simply did not play well, should have been more patient when I had built up the large stack. Too bad. For what it's worth, the level of the opposition did not seem to be very different from the $5 level.

No comments: