Friday, July 20, 2007

Mission accomplished

Warning: multiple bad beat story. Not for the fainthearted.


I have succeeded in losing all my money on Titan for the third time. I cannot beat these people. I have now removed the Titan software from my computer. My total losses at Titan are now $130. Some examples:

raise with JJ, I get reraised. With some misgivings, fearing a higher pair, I go all-in and get called ... by K8s ..., K on flop, and another K on the river for good measure

raise with 88, one caller. Flop J63 and he goes all-in on a short stack. I do not believe him and call and he shows ... A4. Turn 5, river 2.

raise with TT, one caller who is a calling station, I have observed him calling with nothing. Flop Qxx, he checks and I bet. He raises me... of course, THIS time he has QQ in his hand.

After my last loss, I had $2.40 left so I joined a $0.05/0.10 cash table to throw away my last money. The very first hand, I get J9 (I paid the BB to play immediately) and the flop is KJ9. Because of the danger of a straight (and a flush, there were 2 diamonds), I raise big after two callers. One caller remains, he check-raises me on the turn. I happily call and the river is another K. I know what you're thinking, he probably had K2.

No.

He had K9.

Back to my home at Pacific for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I was wondering what the odds were telling you. Are you planning to play a little tighter for a time?

Nard