Sunday, December 23, 2007

End of a sequence

See my previous post (below), I did not manage to make it 9... However, I did win game #10 and cleared €10 of my bonus at Celeb at the same time, earning €15 in that game alone :-) It was again a very tough game though, my opponent was very aggressive. It is very hard to stand up to aggression with air. I tried it a few times but invariably he would turn out to have hit the flop or to beat my top pair queens with an 8 kicker vs. my 7 kicker...
However, he was quite loose in calling all-ins. First he called with QJo when I had K3, and then he pushed after my raise with A7 when I had AJ. Both these hands occurred when I was behind, and after the last game I again started to lose ground until in exasperation I raised with Q8 and called his push (his third or fourth push in succession) - THIS time he had AT, but an 8 on the flop sealed his fate.

It should be a lesson to me how much aggression helps in winning these games, but I never seem to be able to pull it off. Maybe I should just try it and also start raising preflop in every other game... Also this last opponent was especially good at exploiting position.

2 comments:

The 80th Minute said...

Merry Xmas

Anonymous said...

what is your post about you should work on that post! go on my blog www.tycoonsblog.blogspot.com