Sunday, December 9, 2007

My latest tournament

I made another set of live notes. Here they are. For what it's worth, I think I played well enough...

A7 as SB. Checked the flop Axx against 3 opponents, all check.
Bet 60 on turn x, two callers. River K. Bet 60 again, one caller,
I guess he had Ax with x<7. 1720.

Next round K7 as BB. Bet out on K-high two-suited flop. One opp left by
the river, board had paired by now, I checked to him and he checked
behind. 1965.

45 as SB in following hand. Flop gives me OESD+pair, I bet out. One caller
(same guy who keeps calling), stays with me till river but cannot beat
my pair of fives. 2130.

Limp ATo, flop OESD (QJ8) but opp bets nearly the pot, I fold.
Limp KJo, fold to big raise. 2070. Position 50 out of 147 (193 started),
top 20 gets paid, top 6 are nice prizes. (€50)

KK in EP, raise to 120 = 4BB. Loose opp, same as before, calls. Flop Kxx!
He checks, I check. He bets turn, I reraise, he calls.
Fortunately the board does not give a third diamond. He checks river A,
I bet 120 (small fraction of the pot by now), he calls. 2610, pos. 34/138.
Avg stack is 2113.

Level 3, 25/50. Limp KQo in MP. Miss flop. Short stack shoves, I fold.
Pos. 40/125, players are leaving very fast.

AK UTG, raise to 200. All fold... On the very next hand, everyone goes
wild and three people are all-in by the river. Four clubs on the table,
one guy has A, second K, third Q...

93 as SB, flop 355. I bet out but get a caller. I shut down and the board
pairs by the river, counterfeiting my 3. I fold to his river bet. 2275,
avg stack 2705! Pos. 52 out of 107.

54s, raise to 300, one caller. Two. Flop 935, short stack pushes, I push
over the top and pray. First caller folds, shorty had KT. 3360!
Dubious play I guess, but it worked... Pos 31/97, avg 3k.
(Note that the first caller was likely to have two high cards, and the
shorty -- well, he was short and I did have second pair.)

I flop a straight with a two-suited board and bet half the pot.
Other guy pushes, I obviously call -- he had flopped one better
straight...... Unbelievable. Talk about a setup hand...

No comments: