Monday, December 10, 2007

KK

However, I am also not playing as well as I could. At one point in my last attempt at Party, I actually got KK as SB. The blinds were 100/200. There were two limpers and I raised to 600.

Mistake 1: should raise more, you do not want to play a multiway pot but are giving everyone odds to call.

The BB folded but the two limpers called. Flop 964 (or something). The pot was 2000, I bet out 600.

Mistake 2: betting out with a hand that is likely to be far ahead of the other hands.

I knew that I should be checking here, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I was just too scared of check-check-Ace on turn. It is ridiculous really, if anyone was waiting for an Ace they basically had a 3-outer. I just HAD to check here and possibly check the turn as well, and hope that somebody would try to win the pot at some point.

But nooo, I bet and of course everyone folded. What were they going to do? Stupid stupid... I guess I should not be playing poker when I am scared of seeing a turn card, but it is hard not to be scared when your opponents keep hitting their miracle cards.

No comments: