Sunday, December 9, 2007

More complaining about bad beats

First I call a short-stacked all-in with 44. OK, a bit loose, but he had AK and I was doing fine until the river K.

Then I push with two high cards and get called by 44. Of course my opponent immediately flops a 4.

Finally, now extremely shortstacked, I call an all-in of what turns out to be K8 with KQ. The river is an 8.

This is on top of earlier games today, where I flopped a set of sixes. An idiot with a flush draw would not go away and of course made his flush on the river.

Before that I had a game where I raised and then reraised all-in with QQ. My opponents had the powerhouse QJ and JJ. Again I was doing fine until the river J.

How can I be running this badly for so long? I have now lost the entire bonus that Party gave me to come back! Unbelievable. The only good thing that I have to report is that today and yesterday I won four heads up games in a row at Pacific Poker. One of them lasted 105 hands! I guess I will restrict my play to heads up games at Pacific for the moment.

Celeb is still not going well. I am just barely managing to not lose money there on average. It is a good thing that I won €120 in that MTT at the start. Since then, my bankroll has hovered around the same amount the entire time. In fact, I never was more than €5 over the amount that I had immediately after the MTT win. So much for the "easy" heads up games.

Nevertheless, they do seem to be going better at Pacific, though this is of course skewed by this 4-streak. My score there is now 13 to 6, so before yesterday it was only 9 to 6, barely enough to break even given the high rake.

No comments: