Saturday, December 1, 2007

A losing month

I lost $99.73 playing poker last month. I had not had a losing month since I bought the Harrington books! Fortunately I had made $450 in October, but still, this is not good.

On the plus side, I have already made a profit of no less than $5.77 this month (i.e. today)! ($40 now - that's better.... won a couple of heads-ups in a row) The heads-ups are not as easy as I first thought. You really need to remain focused, and luck still plays a factor. Just now I had AK all-in preflop against AQ. He made a straight. Fortunately I had been ahead, so I had some chips left. A few hands later I had TT and he called me with A-something. I was out until the river T! Eventually I did win that game.

At Pacific I played in a heads-up tournament. Things went quite well until some idiot could not part with his A3, I had KK, only to be rewarded by an Ace on the river. I could have folded to his river bet and stayed alive, but I couldn't bring myself to do this. It is really hard to fold a hand that had been ahead the whole time. I even played it pretty well, using a strong checkraise on the turn, but he was not impressed :-( However, I did make it into the money!

1 comment:

The 80th Minute said...

A nice start of the month.
Better to start of with a profit, no matter how small, than with a loss which will hunt you for the rest of the month.