Thursday, December 20, 2007

New Rules (QJo)

I am going to call raises with small pairs as long as it does not cost me more than 1/10 of my stack. The idea is to stack somebody when I hit my set, making this move worthwhile.

I will limp only if this costs me at most 1/20 of my stack.

I am not going to bet out with high pairs on low flops unless I see a clear danger and/or there are many opponents.

Finally, I am going to fold QJo. This is a hand that has cost me a LOT of chips over time.

My next tournament starts in 10 minutes.

2 comments:

The 80th Minute said...

I'm curious if it will pay of. I mean the strategy with the small pairs. Personally I trow away all the small pairs in the beginning of an SNG.

GL,
Dremeber

Rob1606 said...

Especially early in an SNG you can limp with small pairs, but you have to be prepared to drop them to a raise.

The point of my strategy is that if somebody raises, but not too high, they probably have some kind of hand and are liable to bet out on the flop. So if I do hit my set, I can expect to win a nice pot, since it will be quite hidden.

Tonight I did not have a chance to try this out, I only rarely got small pairs and there was always a big raise or something.