Saturday, December 22, 2007

Six EIGHT wins in a row

Time to stop playing :-) well... after two more games, later that same day...
I would not have thought it possible, but I just managed to win six eight heads up €5 games in a row at Celeb, bringing my bankroll there up from a measly €55 to now €83 €93. I should mention though that the second game of this sequence brought me a large slice of fortune when I was all-in with 44 preflop against 88 and flopped a 4. I should not have been in that position, my opponent was annoying me with frequent raises and I thought I had found a good spot to stand up to him. Well...

I should be very very close to clearing my €10 bonus at Celeb now, but I am really going to stop playing now and enjoy the feeling of winning 6 EIGHT games in a row.

Before this, I had tried a small MTT at Pacific with disastrous results...

***

$5 Pacific

QQ as BB. Reraise to 100 = 5BB. All call... Low flop, I push. Pot is 410, my stack was 690. One idiot calls with top pair plus gutshot, I win. 1790, avg 1046. Blinds 15/30. I am in third position! 26 players out of 34 remain after only 10 minutes.

AJs as first hand on new table. I limp. FLop = JTx, flush draw with top pair... Bet and a raise, I just call. Turn gives me TWO pair! Raiser from just now raises a bit more now. I push, he calls with a worse flush draw... 3220, just 5 chips less than the chip leader!! Only two tables left now, only 16 players left! Half the field is gone and I am nearly chip leader.

Limp ATo UTG. With chips like this... minraise. I call, other player too, but I miss the flop. Check-fold. 93 as BB. I get to see a flop but I miss it entirely, not interested in this hand. AA as SB!!!!

Amazing... Folded to me, I minraise. DAMN, BB folds. Oh well. Still 3120.

JJ in MP!!! Push in front of me, I push over the top. He has QQ.... DAMN, down to 1200 now. WHAT an idiot. Good thing his stack was not so high.

Blinds now 50/100, M=8. Avg = 1700. Still 16 players left.

I can't believe he open pushed QQ... A7 as BB. Folded to me, thank you very much. T4 as SB, early raise and call. Still 1200.

A6 OTB. I limp after one limper. SB minraises, BB pushes, very nice. They have JJ and AQ, AQ wins...

Waiting for a chance to push now. 14 players left. A9 in 2nd pos. not quite good enough. Folded to the blinds, who limp...

Blinds now 75/150, M=5. Blinds coming up. A6 as BB. One limper, I push, he calls with AK. Just LOVELY.

No comments: