Thursday, December 20, 2007

Tonight's game

I played 2.5 hours for a €5 profit... well, I guess this is more than I have made in certain heads up sessions that lasted this long :-(

€5 buyin.

Blinds 20, raises to 100 are NOT respected. There is some preflop raise in basically every hand. Flop bets are also not really respected.

65s as SB. I complete, get flush draw on flop. I check. There are 5 opponents... One raises big, another one reraises, I am out of here! No flush. The big raise was top pair top kicker, the reraise was top pair no kicker... 99th out of 150, 212 started.

I moved tables and get AKo as first hand in MP. UTG raises to 150 = 3BB. I call. Flop Axx, and my opponent starts betting and pays me in full. I raise only on the turn, he calls, checks river and calls my bet that brings me near 0. Oh I had made a third Ace on the way as well. 2535, avg 2427.

84 as BB, hit middle pair on flop, try a bet but BOTH opps call! 2360.
SB QT, big bet and call in front of me, I fold. Flop QJ4...

KTs in LP, speculative call after 1 limper (really wanted to steal here).
Flop gives me a good flush draw. But a huge stack pushes. 2310.

KTo in the next hand... This time I'll fold it.

2310 - 3117 - 50/100 - M=15 - Q=0.7

RHS is being an idiot, he has a huge stack and is donking it off.

Fold 22 UTG... had clicked fold before I saw the second card. Would have gotten to see the flop, but missed it, phew.

A8 as BB. Big raise plus all-in reraise... A3 vs 99. 99 wins.
AK as SB! Early minraise. plus two callers. This time I miss the flop. 2010 left.

A9s OTB. Three callers, I fold. Would have gotten flush draw but no odds to call. Would have made the flush though. Better this way!

Table is still playing quite loose, I will not get to steal anytime soon, it seems. 60th out of 93 remaining, break in 15 minutes.

I am SO glad that RHS is indeed to my right...

One idiot just left the table, he threw it all away on middle pair.

2010 - 3785 - 75/150 - M=9 - Q=0.6

QQ as BB! Yeah. I just push after three limpers. RHS calls, as I was hoping he would - he has J6 and amazingly, I win, though the flop gives him a gutshot straight draw. That makes a nice change! New situation:

my stack 4245 - avg 4240 - 75/150 - M=18 - Q=1

A LOT better... My push was in principle not good, but people are calling SO loose at this table, I wanted to have only one opponent. And there was quite a good chance that idiot RHS would call after limping. Now 34th out of 75.

Oh my god, RHS just won another huge pot when he went all-in on two overcards, got two callers, and spiked one overcard on the river. Harsh. Let's hope he is just keeping those chips warm for me...

And now he won another one when he flopped two pair and another player called his push with top pair Aces. No wonder he did not believe him. He now has 15k. Pretty disgusting stuff. I just hope he gives me some of them later.

BREAK. 36th out of 62. Stack unchanged, avg now 5129, blinds will be 100/200, so M will be 13. Quite nice! Of course my Q is down to 0.8 but that is fine.
Forty more players need to be eliminated, so my stack needs to about triple in size in the next hour, to 12k. Let's see what we can do.

The next blinds, both times a big raise in front of me. Stack 3945.
A7 in hijack, but two limpers, including RHS.

33... I call due to my new rule. Miss flop though, KQ9... Try to steal it after all three opps check - and it works! 4545, nice. That's another way that you can win with 33, at least here I was in last position after the flop.

AKo now... RHS minraises, I just call. One more. Two. Miss flop... Fold. 4145.

TT UTG, I raise to 800. One caller. Ace on flop, I HAVE to bet, but he calls. Down to 2345, damn damn damn damn.... That's how fast things can go.
Now in 49th position out of 54 remaining.

22 as SB. Maybe I'll push, let's see what happens. Raise to 4BB plus a call, I fold. And miss the flop.

QJo OTB, there we have it... Another 4BB raise, again I fold. Now KTo. Same player again raises to 4BB. Stealing is going to be very difficult for me at this table. I am going to have to push after a limper at some point, if not after a raise. Same guy raises AGAIN on next hand, other opp pushes. He folds, good. Oh the blinds just went up, there is ante now, lovely.

Player who kept raising just lost a big pot, he will go out soon. Good.

AKs in 2nd pos. I HAVE to push now. RHS will probably call. Oops, BB calls as well! But I make top pair top kicker... AND WIN!!!! One opp had flush draw (3 hearts on flop) but did not fill up, thankfully. I'm saved for the moment!

Fold A8o in BB after raise and call.

Stack 6485 - avg 6235 - round costs 500 - M=12 - Q=1, nice. Pos. 21 / 50.

AQs in hijack, early minraise. I will call. One other before me. SB. BB folds. TOp pair top kicker, yeah! Checked to me. I bet half the pot, original raiser pushes, I fold, he has only KQ!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!

Bloody hell... Unbelievable, I thought he was trapping with AA or something. Hm. What were your pot odds? Pot = 500+400+400+300 = 1600 on the flop, 2400 when I bet, but I don't know what the raiser had. Let's say he had me covered, in that case he added 6100 to the pot now, making it 8500, and I could call for 5300. Those pot odds are not so great, but given his range I probably have a forced call here. I did not consider the pot odds at all here.

TT in MP. I will push given the chance. On second thought, I raise to 800. BB thinks... and folds. Stack 5360. Winning blinds + antes is not a bad result here. M=10.

Oh my god, I cannot believe the way that guy played top pair. Unbelievable. I would have been up to 12k if I had called that. Now 28th out of 48. RHS has been quiet for a while now.

Blinds now up to 200/400 with 50 antes. So my M has just dropped to 5. Great. My Q is 0.75 or so.

95o as BB. Button raises, SB calls, I fold. K5o as SB. Fold.

Table seems to have become a bit tighter by now, thankfully. Pos. 31/41.
Will still need to double up at least once.

Trying to take it easy, but this is not so... easy, yes.

Blinds coming up again. LHS has gone all-in after limpers several times already without getting called. He has 11k now.

85s as BB. Hit middle pair, but SB bets out, I'm out of here.
A5s as SB. Complete after two limpers, but miss flop. All check.
Turn does not help me. All check again! I lose to A6, 6 on river...

AK OTB! Nice. I push after one limper. BB thinks, folds. Limper folds.
Great result, back to 4635. But avg is now 8833, so Q=0.55 or so.
Blinds will increase to 300/600+50 before they hit me again, my M will be 3 only. This is very bad. Will have to see what may be done.

TT again! Early minraise, I push, LHS calls this....... as does raiser....
they have AJ and AK, I WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just tripled up: stack 13k, M=9, Q=1.4. Very nice. Blinds have gone up now.
Now I am 11th position out of 35, still some way to go.

K9o as BB. SB minraises, I just fold. 74o as SB, fold.

Just saw T6 all-in against 87s all-in, both players had large stacks. Now that is plain weird. Again, my idiot neighbor RHS wins (he had the T6).
And another big pot, now he has 24k and is chip leader, 32 left, I am 12th.

Very nice... I am BB, hand again gets folded around to SB who again raises, I have to fold (he will call with anything).

AQs as SB! I just call, flush draw on flop, bet out. Both opps FOLD, good boys. Back to 12.7k, avg = 10k. 31 left. Let's try to be a bit careful towards the bubble now. Though I guess we still have quite a few hands to play. Table is definitely tighter now.

Have to fold next blinds after raises. 11k. Try a steal as hijack, SB calls. BUT he checks the flop and folds after my bet!! Very good boy. That is much better than folding preflop. BTW he does not understand pot odds. 14k!

Only three tables left now, 29 players. Q=1.25. Blinds are now up to 400/800.

AQo, I minraise. BB pushes, he has AK! Fortunately I folded! 12.2k, M=6.

54s as BB, but I guess I won't see a flop. Yep, another all-in by kornel, he has again AK! Likes to show his cards. Fold SB when button minraises.

26 players left, getting close... Q=0.9, M = 5.

A2 in LP, minraise, all fold. Nice. 12k, again, M=6. Minraises seem to be enough most of the time at this table. 11th out of 25.

TT in 2nd pos, I push. No takers. 14k, good. M=7 now!

Q9 as BB. I am allowed to see a flop but miss it. JTo as SB. DAMN! I try to steal, hit middle pair but again there is an Ace on the flop and BB raises me when I bet. Next hand I push A3 OTB. Blinds fold. 11.5k, no big harm done, M=6.

A6 in MP, push, all fold. Very nice. 13k again. Still 12th out of 25. Only 7 players at my table. Blinds are going up exactly when they hit me, now 500/1000 plus ante 100. Round will cost 2200, M=6 (just barely).

BREAK. Only 22 players left now! I am 13th. REALLY need to be VERY CAREFUL now. Make sure to make the money. Don't push unless you get QQ or better, OK JJ or better. Preferably in late position after no limpers...
Can try to steal with minraises of course.

RHS is very annoying, keeps stealing my BB, but there is nothing I can do about it because I know he will call with almost anything.

Steal with 53s OTB, nice. 13k. Was a minraise. Only 21 players left, we have changed to hand for hand mode! Here's hoping I will reach the next hand for hand as well... Fold 77 in EP. SB raises, looks like somebody has an ace. Good fold by me...

A9 in 2nd pos, I fold. Would have hit middle pair. Guy in last position bets on the flop and wins the pot.

Kornel is getting extremely nice hands, he has shown down a lot of great hands and just made a flush on the turn. I am cowardly folding to his raise when I am BB. I am NOT going to go out in 21st place. 63s as SB, yay. Fold.

QTs as button. Fold after two limpers (one of whom is all-in now!). Would have made top pair on the turn. But lost on the river Ace. I AM IN THE MONEY.

Push A5 in hijack. All fold, good. Again 13k. 13th out of 20 left. Avg stack is 16.7k, Q=0.8 or so.

KQs. Plan to limp (there was already one limper). But RHS pushes, I fold.
AK (!) vs JJ!. Would not have ended well for me... 18 left now.

BTW, I moved tables again, so am finally rid of the idiot on my right hand side. 17 left now, going fast! People have loosened up considerably. Another all-in confrontation, A5 vs 88, 88 wins, 16 left. Now I am 14th out of 16. Hm. Not so great.

J2o as BB, UTG minraises, I fold. A push too. 88 as SB...
Will push if I get the chance. Early raise, I just fold, I don't like 88 enough for this. All fold.

99 in next hand!! Now all fold and I push. Blinds fold. 14k. Blinds have gone up, now 750/1500 plus 150 antes, this is pretty sick. M = 4. Tough.

Decide to fold K6 in MP. All fold... Fold K5 in next hand as well. Don't want to push too often.

AGAIN 99, this I will push. UTG had limped. fold... fold... fold... UTG folds too! Great. Now I can fold QTo UTG with a calm heart. Stack 18k now, looking better, M=5 again. But here are the blinds.

45s as BB. Fold to raise. SB pushes, raiser folds! 24 as SB... fold.

15 players left, I am 10th. Try to keep it together for a while longer...

Minraise OTB. SB calls. Hit top pair!! BB called as well BTW. They check to me. I bet out, BB pushes with KJ, I call, he had hit two pair on the flop... Out in 15th place.

No comments: