Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My first royal flush

Today I made my first royal flush. What is embarrassing about this is that I didn't realize it until a full hour later... I thought I had "only" made a straight flush. Can't believe I didn't notice it :-)


2 players
Converted at weaktight.com


Stacks:
BTN ($1870.00)
Hero ($2130.00)

Pre-flop: ($150, 2 players) Hero is BB

BTN calls $50, Hero checks

Flop: ($200, 2 players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($200, 2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $100, Hero calls $100

River: ($400, 2 players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

Final Pot: $400
Hero shows:

Hero wins $400 ( won +$200 )
BTN lost -$200.00


Later I played a large tournament (260 players) and went out in 33rd place (top 30 got paid) when my AK UTG ran into JJ SB. Nothing you can do about that. Well, I suppose that I did not HAVE to push. My M was still 9.5 for the moment, but as I said I was UTG and the blinds would increase in one minute, making my M a bit less than 7 after the blinds pass me. Still it smarts, I had been playing pretty well I think, even though I perhaps went a little bit overboard with AK early on. Judge for yourselves...

Hand 1: AJo, limp-check-fold flop.

Changed tables after 2nd hand!

SB T9, limp. Middle pair. All check. Bet 60 on turn into pot 100. Two callers, no third heart on river. Bet 80, both fold. 1360, avg. 1263. 245/260 left.

JTo BB, complete moron minraises, only I call. FLop middle pair, bet out on turn and river. He calls of course and loses of course. 1510, avg. 1392.

KTo in hijack, speculative limp. SB raises big, I fold.

QQ, call 3BB raise. THREE more callers. A on flop, I fold.

Next hand AK! Raise to 120. EP. Two callers. Four. Miss flop. Bet 300 = half pot. Two callers, but both are shortstacked. All-in on low turn. The moron calls, has nothing. 2665, yeah!! avg. 1616.

Opp who folded on turn later claimed to have had QQ. Interesting.

Change table. Fold 82 BB to minraise. Call A2 as SB, miss flop, fold.

I just realized that I made a royal flush in an earlier tournament tonight. I thought it was "just" a straight flush...

44 as BB, fold to 450 all-in. Don't want to play 50% hands now. Still avg+300 (2445).

22 UTG, limp. Low flop. SB bets out, I fold. Again 22 on very next hand!! Early raise to 300, have to fold again. 2195 now, avg=2437. Blinds 50/100. 125 left, top 30 gets paid.

QKo in MP. Fold when guy to my right raises to 400. All fold. Was this too tight? Not according to Harrington!

Will need about 9000 in chips to make it into the money. Fold 93 as BB to early raise.

Fold T5 suited as SB. Would have made bottom pair tens. 113 left after the break, avg = 2761, my stack 2020.

Raise to 3BB when I notice that BB is extremely tight (3%!). He folds: 2170 (no SB in this hand). Table is becoming pretty tight.
Blinds 75/150.

QJo in MP, fold after early limp. Miss flop.

Fold 65s UTG, is folded around! Next hand KJo as BB. Cannot resist calling minraise, but have to fold on low flop.

STack 1795 now, M = 8. Next round I need to try a steal, MP now. Right after writing this I get 88! Raise to 600. BB calls, flop T66. I have already decided to push when HE pushes! I call, he has 98s, there were two diamonds on the flop, but no third appears and he also does not make his gutshot. 3665, that's better! Avg = 3428, really needed that...

AGAIN 65s UTG, but fold again. All fold again...

98s as BB, early minraise, I fold.

Blinds 100/200, 83 players left. Almost got to steal as button, but RHS beats me to it. He raises again on the next hand, does not get called.

M = 11, do not need to rush with steals. AQs in MP! Damn, early all-in, do not want 50% hand for most of my stack. He had 33, I Would have made a straight on the river. 74 left, avg = 4216.

A2 as SB... fold to early raise. 3140, M =10.5.

QTo OTB. Steal if I get the chance... No, early minraise. Same player does it again on next hand! This time BB calls and checkraises flop. Minraiser calls... all-in on turn, he has QQ. Too bad for the BB who picked a bad time to bluff. Minraiser does it again on the next hand, but finally folds during that hand.

KK!! RHS raises to 3BB; I push. He has JJ. No miracles: I have 6580. Oooh yeah. He pushes on next hand and it is tempting to call with ATo, but I fold, as do all. He pushes again. Gets called this time--twice! But he beats KK and JJ with his AK after an Ace on the flop.

I have 6580 now. Blinds 150/300, M=14. 65 players left. Avg=4800.

KQo as SB. Limp after 1 limper. FLop KQx, two clubs. I check, opp bets 900, I put him all-in, I have him beaten till two aces appear on turn and river. Now we BOTH have two pair! Grrr....

Try a steal on the next hand, but BB pushes. Stack 5530 now, M=12. Still doing fine really. Avg=5288.

Really annoyed about that shared pot though.
Have to take it easy for a while now and calm down. 54 left. Should make the money...

QQ as BB. Here we go. This time I have to call the push. But not after one calls it before me... DAMN, I would have won, he had only 88!!

Damn damn damn... What an idiot.

Now *I* get 88 as SB, very funny. Fold after limp and minraise. Flop 733, just lovely. Well, minraise might have had a higher pair, he pushes on the flop.

STILL 54 players left, this is not going anywhere!

Need to stay calm... My M is still 11, OK the blinds are going up, M=8 now. Still quite OK... Stack 5080, avg=5777.

Fold A6s in EP, all fold. No SB in this hand.

Not getting stats from PO now, annoying.

I really am quite excited. Now 67s UTG, fold again. Gutshot.

98o as BB. Fold on gutshot flop, make gutshot but also board becomes 4-flush, would have lost!

M=7.5 now. Need to start pushing I guess. Still 48 players left, a long way still to go.

Good that there is a break in 5 minutes, can calm down a bit hopefully...

Push Q3o in hijack. All fold. Minraise QTo in next hand. All fold! This is much better, stack 5680 now, M=9.5.

Fortunately there are four tight players to my immediate left.

Blast, KQs, RHS pushes! I fold. Shorty calls. Pusher had A6, I would have won. Oh well.
At least RHS is gone now, he was annoying.

BREAK

42 left, avg=7428.
My M will be 7.5 after the break.

AJo as BB in first hand.
Ooooooooooooh yeah!
One opponent limps, flop Jxx, I check, he pushes, I call, he has A9. A on river is funny.

Stack 8770 now!! Try a steal as SB with J9 (minraise) but BB calls and I miss the flop.
STack 8020, M = 10.5. Think about stealing in next hand but RHS (new) pushes!

39 left, getting tight now, top 30 gets paid. 4 tables left. avg = 8000 exactly.

Trying to take it easy, no steal attempt in MP with A5 or K9.

Stacks are all about equal at my table, between 11K and 6K. Gonna be a long match still. Table is VERY tight, all at 17% or less (much less sometimes).

Hopefully I will be able to steal some chips.

99 as BB, interesting. Call a 3BB raise. Check-fold A-high flop and K turn. 6270 now...

37 left, avg 8432.
Q8 OTB. Early raise, fold.

J8s in next hand. Push. All fold, phew. 7020, M=9.5 again. Fold Q8o in MP, button pushes AQ and is called by AJ! 34 players left now... 33... AVG = 9454.

Push AK UTG. SB has JJ, that's it. Out in 33rd position....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the RSF!

Btw not using card-pictures anymore? I liked them.

Nard

Rob1606 said...

This better? :-)

Anonymous said...

Much better! Although the pictures (and the post) are quite large. Is it possible to downsize?

Nard

Rob1606 said...

The pictures are not that large, are they? Yes, the post is long, but it was a two hour tournament (at least until I got kicked out)... You do not HAVE to read the entire post ;-)

I am mostly posting this so that I can look back on it later and see what I think of my play then, say in a couple of months.

The 80th Minute said...

Woow, very nice hand sir.
Hopefully many other will follow!

To bad it wasn't in a ring game on a room with best hand of the day.

Rob1606 said...

I didn't even know such rooms existed :-) But given that this was my first royal flush in a year of playing, I don't think this is a reason to change rooms :-)